Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Finding beautiful music

Sometimes you come across a musician that so completely blows you away that the only thing you can think of is: Why on earth haven't I heard this before?

Today I had such a moment during the stretching part of my gym class. Midway through the song I was so focused on trying to memorize the lyrics (for looking it up once I got home) that I couldn't pay attention to a single thing of what the instructor was saying.

The musician is Michael Kiwanuka. His voice is one of the best things I've heard in a long while, it's so rich and soulful. 
Anyways, his album came out in March last year and after having rolled through it I'm blown away. I really don't know what cave I've been living in for the past year since I've managed to miss this until now. So, if you've heard of him before, awesome! If not, well, here you go, listen and enjoy.



Breathtaking!

xx
E

No comments: