Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Being positive

I'm a strong believer in the power of positive attitude. I try to look at the bright sides of everything and it's for a pretty simple reason: it makes me feel better and I feel that it gets me further than having a negative outlook on life. 

Of course, like everyone else, I can have my bad days every now and then and that's alright. It´s not about  being a complete Pollyanna and not recognizing the existence of any negative happenings. Instead, whenever frustration hits me I make an effort to not linger in a negative attitude toward people and things. Usually I ask myself:
Is it worth it to hold a grudge because of this?
Is this worth being angry about? 
or Come on Eva, is this really the end of the world? 

The answer to this question hardly ever a yes. Why? Because to me holding on to hatred and other negative feelings is one of the worst waste of resources that I can think of. It gives you absolutely nothing constructive back while taking so much of your energy and time, it's absolutely useless.  

For me it comes down to acknowledging both the positive and negative things that happen to you and make an effort not to let the negative ones take over. It might not always be the easiest path but for me it's by far the most rewarding one.


xx
E

No comments: