Sunday, September 08, 2013

Drottningholm

I've only visited Stockholm during winter so it was very nice to get to explore the city in proper summer weather this weekend. 

Yesterday I went to Drottningholm. For those who don't know, it's the residency of the Swedish royal family complete with a palace, gardens and a lot of naked statutes. 

The weather was amazing and the area surrounding the palace was absolutely beautiful, I'm very sure that if I had lived in Stockholm over the summer I would have spent a few days relaxing in the park there. 

waiting for the bus








it was a bit tempting to cool off in these


the palace and one of the many naked statutes


smart kid doing what I should have done

Now it's just hoping that there will (magically) be some more of this awesome 20+ degree weather the next weekends. 
Not really likely but one can always hope! :)

xx
E

No comments: