Thursday, April 19, 2012

life in a student room

living in a 18m² student room can be a little bit challenging, especially after having had a sweet, sweet 52m² apartment all for myself when in Iceland

so since the space is rather limited I've tried to organize my things well and make this little habitat of mine as homey as possible, after all, it's my home :)

and being a student with a rather limited budget, my room has ended up by being characterized by cheap solutions (hej ikea!) 

some of my clothes have been put on a simple rack in order to free some space in my closet for other stuff that is preferred to be hidden 
(I'd rather have my clothes neatly on display instead of showing off my, ehem, laundry bag or the bag I use for recycling bottles haha! ) 

Getting some curtains was the only thing I thought to be absolutely necessary when  I moved in. So I got one of the cheapest lace curtains from IKEA along with simple clear Christmas lights. The light from my window, preferably coupled with some vanilla scented candles, brightens my mood every night.
(I actually had to take the Christmas lights with me from Iceland after Christmas since my search for this type here in Sweden was not providing any usable results at all)

the biggest downside of living abroad is not being able to see my family and friends as often as I would want.. Instead they've all been put on my wall in a printed form so I can at least see their faces every day :)

xx
eva

No comments: