Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Alpanon by Hjaltalín

Last summer I was privileged enough to see one of Hjaltalín's three performances together with the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra

the show turned out to be absolutely hypnotizing
the minute they started playing I disappeared into my own little world of music, happiness, relaxation and goosebumps..
tons and tons of goosebumps

anyhow..

Hjaltalín just announced that they're releasing a live cd/dvd in November from their collaboration with the Symphony Orchestra

this makes me very happy

if there's anything I want for Christmas it's this dvd
(and I'm pretty sure I've never before wished for a dvd for Christmas)


for those of you who are non- Icelandic readers and aren't familiar with these kids..

(and those Icelanders who have somehow magically been living underground for the past years and don't know Hjaltalín)

just look them up on youtube:)

you won't regret it.


and my all time favorite, Stay by You


amazing vocals
amazing use of instruments
amazing talent

you can buy their stuff here

xx

eva

No comments: