Thursday, December 02, 2010

december

some things are just vital during finals

since I don't drink coffee, these have become vital during the up to 10 hour study sessions at the university.. 
I'm completely aware that I'm pretty much just drinking a mixture of  90% sugar and 10% awful "toxins" that make your body go all boo-hoo.. but I don't care, I need my occasional caffeine kick.

I just make sure to drink it cold., or at least somewhat cold..

a warm can of euroshopper is something that should only be forced down your throat during the most extreme cases of near-death-study-sessions

---------------


mandarines, or clementines,
or you know,
 just whatever you want to call them..
They are such an essential part of the Advent here in Iceland that at the moment they hit the grocery stores here in Iceland I find it completely acceptable to put up the Christmas decorations
 (no matter if it's still November)

I probably eat around  six of them each day while studying..
(Horray for vitamin C overdose!)

---------------


the lovely blend of malt & appelsín is just as essential as the clementines.. if not more.
an absence of malt & appelsín would be just enough reason to cancel Christmas.. entirely.

and I'm not kidding.

for the non-Icelanders out there, this is a traditional drink made by mixing malt (liquid, sweet with sort of a liquorice taste to it) with orange soda.
it's actually the only non-alcoholic drink I bothered to pack and bring back with me to the States last year after the Christmas break at home.

---------------

flick my life

there are no words to describe the amount of laughter this website has brought to my study table at the university

it's just too good

the best parts are the tags that follow every picture..

absolutely priceless!

---------------

and last but not least.. 

I need people.

there's no way I can dig myself into a hole in my apartment for the whole time
an occasional day at home is alright but studying with friends can actually turn those weeks of finals preparation into something fun

or at least you get to share the "finals-crazy" you get with people who are going through the exact same thing


this is how we'll end after finals.. 

and it makes it all worth it!

hahaha!

eva

No comments: